Wednesday, September 23, 2009

09.17.09

The only difference with birthdays is that when you are younger you have everything to expect on that special day. BUT. As you get older that special day turns into an ordinary day and with nothing to expect.

A few days ago I unwillingly turned twenty three. I expected nothing on that day, but I got something I could ever hoped for and more...

Planning is something foreign in my body, it's not in me and it's not for me (must be why I'm stuck in this blueprinted-less life). On many occasions I'll most probably pass off as the most boring creature God has ever created, only EXCEPT when something happens that is not at all planned like on 09.17.09...

With 3 of us in tow, 3 digits worth of gas and 3 kinds of junk food to get us by, we kicked off my 23 years of existence with a trip down south. The trip that has been on my forever-waiting-to-do-list that finally materialized without much planning except for what dress we wore... for picture purposes.

With no itinerary in mind, but occasional stops at historical churches and places, again for picture purposes, we stumbled upon a giant picture perfect machine. Giddy with childish excitement and oozing with teenage charms we found ourselves face to face with the green flying monster giant we call helicopter or should I be suave and say the chopper? ooohh...

As cam whore as we are, no time was wasted in our making love to the cameras as we posed to every click of the button while making sure that daddy chopper got every angle. But nothing prepared us for the surprise treat we had on that day. As much as I would want to brag about it and make everbody hate me, I can't coz I'm sworn to secrecy. And I have every intention of keeping my promise but I only have this to say.... it was the ultimate HIGH! literally and figuratively.

The long and curvy road to round the south was still kilometers and hours away. But with every turn of the wheel and stop we made, I just couldn't help but smile the giddly smile because even if the trip wasn't over we already got so much out of it. And if my highschool teacher saw me on that state of mind and told me for the second time in my lifetime to stop showing my teeth, I would never care less, in fact I'll even encourage her to show hers, so she and i would be tie. haha...

I had a very happy September 17, 2009, made me forgot how unaccomplished I still am at 23. Oh well 24 is still yet to come... haha

***
On 09.17.10 I still will not expect anything... but maybe a little for a change. :)


5 comments:

  1. LET'S STILL DO SOMETHING REALLLY UNPLANNED FOR UR 24th!!! or for my 24th???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) I CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT ADVENTURE!!! you didnt use my sobrang bumentang line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate it.. my blog is so pangbata! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. will we still be here for the 24th?... aaaahhh hahahahaha... me too can't wait!

    i'm not gonna use your line kai napa lang nya mu ispy diri... 1 humiliation is enough... bwhahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhaah..picture purposes.xD
    ayee naunsa naman toh c caller lé?hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorrrrry... i wasn't humiliated!!! :)

    ReplyDelete