Wednesday, January 20, 2010

day 9 - sto. niño novena

day 9
the last day


--------



The last day of novena, and the only day I forgot to bring the camera! tsk tsk. My sister and I hated me for that. Luckily I had this in store.

This is the part of the Sto. Niño mass that I always always look forward to. I always get teary eyed when I hear everybody sing "Batobalani sa Gugma" (Magnet of Love). Call it corny but there's something about that song that touches the deepest of my heart. Most especially on the chorus when everybody automatically synchronizes in the waving of their hands that you can almost feel the outpouring of emotions.

I say Cebu has a lot to boast when it comes to its natural wonders, and this sight is just one of them. I may not have been to everywhere in the Philippines, but I can proudly say that "Batobalani sa Gugma" is truly Cebuano, and the magnet of culture and tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment