Wednesday, January 13, 2010

day 6 - sto. niño novena

day 6
blessed life

The great thing about going to this kind of event is the little reminders of life you get along the way.

Just as I was about to enter the church after the mass, I saw this man hanging on to his dear wheelchair to fully support himself. Clearly, he was having difficulty, and clearly he was just recovering from something dreadful. People like him hold my highest regard, for they don't stop moving even when they experienced a short pause in their lives.


It's amazing to encounter people like that, because it's a gentle reminder of how blessed and fortunate we really are. Although I know it's not good to compare, considering that we all have our own paths to walk to, but still it never hurts to be thankful of the little blessings in this borrowed life.

I don't know what this man prayed for, and I sure am very curious (for am always curious of the the internal monologue that goes on in the minds of the people). But am more than sure that this man definitely had thanksgiving in some parts of his prayer. And I believe that that's what prayers should be about more than anything else - a show of gratitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment