Saturday, May 15, 2010

between talent, plugs and ifs...

Only God knows why he didn't give me the talent for singing and only him knows why I try too hard to have that talent. But for whatever it's worth, at least my lack of talent was compensated by some hardcore GUTS to sing my heart out without any sense of humiliation and with complete disregard to the bleeding ears of the sympathetic people around to me. In short, call it happiness at the expense of others. ;)

Since I know that I am helpless and beyond repair in that aspect of my life, I could only wish to have that voice stealing power of Ursula in Little Mermaid. I wouldn't steal Ariel's voice coz it's just way too Disney for me and reality is, nobody sounds that way (or maybe I just haven't met them yet). Anyway these are the voices that I would definitely steal...if ever...

1. PINK

It's not just the hairstyle. I soooo wanted to be like her in high school, but I only succeeded in the badly maintained hair cut. My Pink-ish attempt failed because I didn't have the voice and the stamina to keep up with her pop-rap kinda style. I could barely catch up with the lyrics of her songs that 75% outside the chorus, I just mumbled my way. Good thing others weren't into her coz I'd be like a total "pa cool cool" wannabe, which embarrassingly is half the truth. At least am past that stage.
I love that edginess in her voice, and how it can blend with rock, pop and rap. She's my teeny bopper idol who is the only cool one worth mentioning, while the others, I strongly deny.
~~*~~

2. JANIS JOPLIN


Iconic. She just blows me off. Her voice would definitely take you back to the flower power Woodstock era. AMAZING. She's so rockin' effortless and her pleasantly raspy voice is just distinctly unique and very sexy. If only I sounded like her I wouldn't be blogging this moment, I'd be out doing gigs or better yet, have others blogging about me. hehe... silly wishful thoughts.
But there can only one rockstah and a fan between us, and I don't have to say where I belong in that picture.

~~*~~
3. ADELE


How can she be younger than me and sound like that?!!!! I hate her! kidding... I love her. She's my current fave and my LSS. There's just something soulful about her raspy voice that makes her songs heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I just discovered her lately so I didn't know that her singing chops was already old news to the world. But I was born yesterday so forgive me if I go gaga over her.
Big talent and still young. Haaaay... kids these days! how fast time flies that I suddenly became the talentless tita.
~~*~~

Just a little bit of edge, a little bit of raspy sound. That's all I prefer for me to sing with my head held higher than where it is now. But since I was designed for another purpose, I just hope for God to bless those people with ear plugs, because for as long as I am here and is still trying my hardest, they are really gonna need those plugs.


2 comments:

  1. haha.. bitaw, karaan na si Adele.. maybe older na sya nato ron! hmmm.. nice sad si Corinne Bailey Rae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ako jud xa gi research gayle she's 2 years younger than us... may 5, 1988 xa na born! tsk tsk... yeah corinne is nice sad... hmmm.. first name basis! nyahaha

    ReplyDelete