Friday, April 23, 2010

that 4 letter word...

it took a while for me to finish reading the book Odyssey by Homer but there's a reason why only after hours of reading it i picked up the book When God Writes Your Love Story that my good friend Sheengai literally forced me to read...


while the Odyssey is a classical ride of adventure, the latter is a modern day spiritual journey. what connects them though is that the latter book was able to use excerpts from The Odyssey to get its point across. and i just simply love how i can relate to what the authors were talking about. like if the authors and i were sitting across each other and discussing about it, i'd be nodding my head in a frenzy and say "LIKE I SO KNOW THAT, IN FACT IT'S IN THE PAGE BLAH BLAH OF THE ODYSSEY!"... but truth of the matter is, i'm not nerdy enough to remember such bookish details.... or if i am, i'd be a total social misfit in the nerdy world.. ha!

on a serious note, When God Writes Your Love Story (such a long title therefore i shall abbreviate it to WGWYLS... hmmm still kinda long) made me remember about a conversation with my wise Dad. not long ago he once said that the measurement of a person's success in life is in his/her choice of lifetime partner, because from there everything will fall into place. that's why he told us that it is very important to pray for your future husband / soul mate. it's kinda cheezy to think and even discuss about it, but when your parents set such a good example then you can't help but think otherwise.

i have to admit that issues like love and relationship can be a sensitive topic for me to touch on because there are some points that i feel strongly about. such that i believe that there's nothing wrong when you set such high standards coz if you know your worth or your value as a person then you should expect nothing less. i know it might sound too cocky but don't we all need to be cocky for a change?. a friend of mine even once told me that i can be too idealistic, but what most of us fail to realize is that perfection is in the ability to harmonize with imperfections of others, and grow in contentment with it. and it's just a matter of time before that imperfect person bumps into your life ready to compliment your own imperfections.

perhaps i'm just inlove with the idea of love or that my feet are just swept off by the cloudy romanticism in my head, but to simply put it in words, as what another friend of mine once said, people get what they deserve. I just hope that majority of us wake up one day and realize that we deserve nothing but the best.

frankly, i'm not the most ideal person to talk about this kind of melting cheezy thing called LOOOOVE... but when you know what you want, therefore you know what you're talking about.

but because that four letter word is such a universal topic full of intertwined complications... let me just leave you with a funny little irony of faith from the movie Alex and Emma...

"i know in my heart that i am the right man and i know that the perfect woman is out there. someone who's smart funny and beautiful, but here's the tricky part, interested in me."

love love love


WGWYLS... highly recommended...


thanks for forcing me to read it sheengai...you just got yourself into my team... if you know what i mean ;)


****
blog track for the future love...er...

3 comments:

  1. mmmm i love this post. makes me think about love. haiii im so out of love right now. yep, and i agree with you... we get what we deserve. and you know whats ka loka? lately ive been praying for that "soulmate". my gahd. haha. *boycott fb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, you are my new idol blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. moi!!!!!!!!!!!! you have to read when god writes your love story.... i was thinking of you sad when i read it... it's so nice....trust me you gotta grab a copy... :)

    ReplyDelete