Sunday, April 4, 2010

hushhhh....

I've never been fond of anything mainstream. I detest it. I abhor it. Especially when it comes to music.

I don't listen to the radio so I don't know what's "IN." I work hard at discovering unknown artists and cool songs (trust me, clicking my way through youtube and different sites can be very stressing to my index finger). That's why I take very serious precaution by not sharing my likes too much. But today, I feel generous, so I'll share the current faves on my playlist. You may have heard some of it, others you may not. Nonetheless, in exchange for my generosity, I beg of you to keep it all HUSH HUSH and keep it between the two parties...You and Me.


Snow Patrol. HEARTBREAKING. almost all their tracks can easily be the soundtrack of your life. or slash life... make it love life!
Fiona Apple. CAPTIVATING. pure artistry beyond words!
The Weepies. FEEL GOOD. the kind of songs you wanna wake up to or take a long drive with. :)
Angus and Julia Stone. LAID BACK. i don't know if there's anyone who'd agree with me on this particular feeling or thought. but their kind of songs are super laid back that it reminds you of the sepia color. i know. how can a track possibly remind of you a color!. silly but true. listening to their songs just brings back sepia moments. moments that were unhurried and precious.
Slackstring. BEACHY. imagine laying on the sand, sipping piƱa cola, looking up to the blinding sun, and listening to your mp3 with their songs on. scene - PERFECT.
Tycho. ORGASMIC. actually it's chill, but i love that word orgasmic, so orgasmic it is. hehe. the kind of tracks that gives you a certain kind of high just like moby's. it makes you wanna lay under the blanket of stars do nothing but just stare at them till they become stars no more. that kind of high!.

***

So there. Before I end this blog, let me remind you once again. Between you and me... HUSSSSSSSSSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment