Thursday, July 16, 2009

i really want to be....

Sitting on this desk right now while exercising my strong finger bones, my mind is adrift and my soul longing to be somewhere. Somewhere in a place called anywhere-but-here. Yes. I am on my day job and "working" again. The rat race I have to attend to day after day after day.

Back when I was still in my teen years, I always pictured myself to be working behind the desk with the great view of the cityscape behind me. Wearing that sexy pinstripe suit, a Lisa Loeb glasses, a messed up Meg Ryan hair and a busy look on my face to complete my office get up. And of course I wasn't a secretary in that picture rather, I had a secretary.

Reality is, behind the desk is all I have. So much for those silly dreams. But honestly, I lost that picture along the way. There is no way on earth I could picture myself working behind the desk again, well expect that now the picture has turned out to be a reality minus all the plus plus. Times change, interests blossom and I have lost romance in the idea of the corporate world. It bores me just to think of it, and kills me that I work for one (temporarily!).

If someone asks me what an ultimate dream job for me is, in a heartbeat I'll answer - TV lifestyle and travel producer. I envy that job description. The perks of having that job alone is worth drooling, well at least for me.

* go to places for free ---> check.
* meet people extraordinaire ---> check.
* immerse in a new culture ----> check.
* try on great cuisines ----> check.
* be updated on the latest trends and etc. ---> check.
* share all these to a great number of viewers ---> check!

Check. Check. Check. Everything is check!. But seriously, I'm just after the first check, and the rest are just the side perks that I welcome with arms wide open.

How I wish to be somewhere right now. Enjoy life, experience all there is that the world has to offer. I just wanna be out and about. Spread as much of myself to the different sides of the world. I could be a nomad, I want to be a nomad, I fantasize of being a gypsy and I hope to be a con artist, because maybe, just maybe, all those things I want and fantasize will become a reality.

Ergo, I really want to be a con artist. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment