Thursday, April 21, 2011

the perfect excuse...

 Because it's a no meat week.

  JAPANESE FOOD is it!

Tuna and cucumber sushi, prawn and vegetable tempura, sauteed bean sprouts and tuna sashimi..

I can never complain. 

I just loooove Japanese cuisine so much that if I ever go to Japan I'll surely die of gluttony and I'll die a happy sinner smiling through the different levels of hell. bwhahaha.

This is the nth time I've made sushi, tempura the 2nd, and bean sprout the 1st. I haven't mastered the sushi yet, but it's satisfactory, I guess (considering that it's one my dad's frequent request). I'm still frustrated with the tempura batter, it's still not crispy ala restaurants, but it's improving at least. Note to self, experiment more. As for the bean sprout, I'm very pleased. It's not over cooked nor is it under cooked,  just perfect!   

 No meat week is LOVE!

****

blog track:
Oh it is love by hellogoodbye




7 comments:

  1. ngeeeeee. tikasan. haahahha this reminds me of my holy week in 09..all veggie diet in the mountains with people practicing hindu pero OH-SO-GOOD kaayo..wa jud ko gastarve kai perting lamia tanan considering i'm such a carnivore.baahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool lagi na place... mee wanna go there... asa na?

    ReplyDelete
  3. di jud fasting ning holy week coz i so love this no-meat thing.

    and, butangi ug egg, flour, and bread crumbs para crispy ang tempura. mwehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. check on the egg and flour ... bread crumbs pa ang wa nako sa suwayan.. ingun si mommy add cornstarch daw... i have to try it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. asa naman imu promise nga lutuan ko nimu?1 yay!..! egg and cornstarch works better.! it helped me once sa ako deep dry. it was able to hold the contents altogether..!

    food blogger na lagi ka lately.! i will support you because i know makabenefit ko.! i WANNA BE YOUR PARASITE.! nyahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOUR a.k.a "OST" FOR THIS BLOG is my supposedly song for my BUTANDING LOVER. i hate you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahaa... oh motha i'm sorry i'll give you another song lang nya.. hahaha.. hoy imung blog butangi buhi.a na kuno na...

    and yes motha i will fulfill that promise.. once i'm done with school... konting tiis nlng hahaha

    ReplyDelete