Saturday, April 9, 2011

el Susan's dish....

On tonight's house menu....

 

El Susan's dish
Pork chop ala Susan y sidings ala El ...

First time in the history of this household wherein my mom and I collaborated on a dish. And take note! NO BICKERING AT ALL! I'm so proud of my mom. hahaha.

There's actually a million and one reasons to take pride in being a daughter of my mom. Aside from the fact that she's a SuperMom, who has mastered the art of being jack of all trades, she's just naturally amazing at anything she does considering that she doesn't have any formal training on anything. Take for example that pork chop. She just whipped it out from scratch, no recipe, no guide, and not even measurements. Somehow it all just sprouted out of her imagination and boy! is the result of her imagination deliciously good. Seriously who could have thought that COKE as in Coca cola could be used as a gravy?! See?! how amazing can she possibly be?! While I on the other hand, is just a little-kitchen-mommy-wannabe who religiously does her research on this and that recipe. 

But the mere fact that I am inclined and fascinated in the ways of the kitchen along with the whole lot of other things she's interested in, should be more than enough common ground for HER not to bicker me. Though as much as I hate to admit this, in the end she always has a point. Oh mothers! 

Well Mommy, no matter how wrong you might think I am and how right I still think I may be, you'll always be one of the greatest pride in my life. Looking forward to more kitchen collaborations with you minus the bickering. But if you can't help it, I'll gladly participate in a heated exchange of ideas with you, coz that's how much I love you.   ;)

Pork chop topped with Susan's very own homemade gravy. 
With my very own stir fried mixed veggies in olive oil and french fried sweet potatoes errr camote.

***

blog track:
Rule my world by Kings of Convenience

 

No comments:

Post a Comment