Tuesday, March 1, 2011

little passionates...

For someone who makes You Tube her glorified TV, I stumbled upon this amazing choral group by typing in Anne Hathaway Oscars.  So instead of catching up on the celebrated Oscars, I ended up spending the entire day gawking at the incredibly inspiring young talents of PS22 or Public School 22 from Staten, New York. Just gotta love that "suggestions" slide on the right corner.




Look at those faces, have you ever seen pure unadulterated passion like that? They are just sooo adorable to look at that it's A-mazing. Considering their economic backgrounds and varying races, it makes me feel like I'm watching a true to life version of the movie Sister Act, minus Whoopie Goldberg and older students. Anyway like I always say, there is nothing greater accomplishment in life than finding one's passion, and doing it, and they are just exactly what I'm talking about. These kids have no idea how fortunate they are to encounter a teacher like Mr. B (Greg Breinberg) in their life. Dude! that man is the definition of not cool but coolest!

Mr. B, or shall I be bold and say Greg, is exactly the kind of teacher I wanna be like, if ever I finally decide to become one. haha. Seriously though, I think it's very important for teachers to recognize the individuality of every student and encourage them to embrace that individuality by not imposing too much restrictions. That's why if noticed there isn't much to nil choreography involved.

I love that Greg lets the kids do their own thing. I love that Greg's enthusiasm is contagious. I love that Greg chooses the coolest songs. From the inspiring Stevie Nicks, to the fast beats of Jay Z and Passion Pit, to the laid back alternatives of Phoenix and Coldplay, to the pop hits of Katy Perry and Rhianna and to the etc. etc. They've covered it all. For all that and Greg's long hair, I think I've fallen for Greg. So Greg Greg Greg whatchatink? marry me? wink! ;)

With everything that is happening in this world lately, it's great to see inspiring people sprouting out every now and then. Loads of goodness, a splash of artistry and an overflowing passion is what we need more in this world. Or maybe just a 'greg'arious teacher to influence the many.

The standing ovation from Lady Gaga and Beyonce, the happy tears from Tori Amos,



the publicity from Perez Hilton, the adoration of the internet world and now this blog, you kids and teacher deserves it all and more.

To PS22, you made me not regret missing what he or she wore to the Oscars, and to Anne Hathaway, I'll make a raincheck on our Youtube date! ;)

****


By the way there's a 2nd part when Tori Amos gave an impromptu performance with the kids, it's amazing. It's gonna make you love her even more. There also more great covers and amazing moments from PS22, just check out youtube for that or their site at http://ps22chorus.blogspot.com.  

4 comments:

  1. i posted a link of this post on my tumblr lé! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?... thanks ... ahahahah spread the goodness... ;) i'll check out your tumbler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAHI kaayu silag mga covers eiii... so far paborito nako ilang All is Full of Love by Bjork! goosebumps all overrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think mas gahi sila ug teacher bal.... droool!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete