Monday, October 4, 2010

when mood strikes...

el's Mediterranean dish...

viola!

 
greek salad for an appetizer...
tuscanian chicken white-ribbon-pasta (i semi-totally made this name up) for the main course... 
 bruschetta on the side..
and 
 white wine to top it off...

almost fancy but not quite! forgot the dessert or should i say, ran out of money for the ingredients. haha! but seriously, it was the former, believe me or not.

testing my culinary skills has always been on and off, but mostly it's off. But when the mood strikes, mehn! i can go all the way. by that, meaning all the way to the grocery for some wine and other ingredients, plus a detour to the home kitchens for new plates, wine glasses and etc. thank God! it's always OFF! and thank most to my sister who shouldered a bit of my indulgence. wink!

trust me this doesn't happen all the time, because aside from the fact that i'm too lazy to do my share in the kitchen, i'm too broke to make this my everyday thing. but this kind of thing brings dining experience to a whole new level, so a bit of fancy indulgence every now and then isn't that bad, especially when the tummies around me are satisfied, as evident by their bloatedness. haha. 

so when mood strikes next i have my mind set on thai cooking... wonder when would that be?... hmmm..
   

1 comment:

  1. ooohn i hope to be there when that mood strikes!!!
    ahahaha. yum.
    and yep i can totally relate to the moody-cookin part and the broke part.haahaa

    ReplyDelete