Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009.

2009.
Too many happenings, only one adjective to describe it.

2009 has been a good year for me and the family. At the start of the year we were immediately blessed with our very first lady bug. Aeva Danielle or as i fondly call "Abing," just to have a filipino touch to that very western name. She's a doll. She feeds on books, figuratively and literally. I think she's gonna be a smart a**, but before that happens she still has to grow that tooth. say cheeze baby! :D


Last year, I was so frustrated of the fact that I hadn't been to some place new. So I told myself that this year, 2009, should be my TRAVEL YEAR either by hook or by crook!. True enough, my itchy feet was able to leave footprints in all these places.

It's WOW Philippines.

April we exchanged smiles with the people at the city of smiles (Bacolod). Then September was a treat. From white water rafting in the river region (Cagayan de Oro) to frolicking in the island of fire (Camiguin) and the sight seeing at the land of waterfalls (Iligan), you gotta supah heart Pinas!

2009 has also been my first taste at International travel.

My sister and I were barely able to afford this trip, but thanks to the call center industry I was able to save 2 months worth of salary, before I went AWOL. specialty! But honestly, we owe it to our ever generous father. And no we are not taking advantage. We are simply just considering it as his investment on us, coz by the time we will be earning real money I know that he wouldn't hesitate to collect his ROI with a European travel. Good luck to us!

Before the year ends, I can truly brag that I have conquered the sky, land and sea.

My best birthday ever was spent on the road round south, and the best present was that ride in the sky. As if that wasn't enough, we climbed (or more on drove) our way to the mountains of Cebu. Then dove into the waters of Mactan and chased the waves with the big boy's toy - the wave runner. And as for the finale of the adrenaline rush year! my sister and I paid to be hanged on a zip line that goes half a kilometer from cliff to cliff that was only separated by the river that was hundreds and hundreds of feet below at Danao, Bohol.


Contrary to the what it may seem like, 2009 for me wasn't just all about thrill seeking adventure. On the brighter side, to appease my mother, I was able to accomplish quite a few feat. It may not be as notable but it's still something worth celebrating.

Finished my diploma in Professional Education. Check!
Passed the Teacher's Board. Check!
Took another test. Check!
Passed that test. Question Mark? I still have to wait till 2010.


2009.
Too many happenings, only one adjective to describe it.


BLAST!!!!

Summary:
Film of year: 500 days of Summer
Soundtrack of the year: Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Book of the year: Embraced by the light
Website of the year: Mangored.com
Event of the year: Sinulog
Night of the year: Pulse night
Day of the year: September 17
Buddy of the year: Ray.... Ray Ban-nd!
he's been everywhere with me :)

*****
2010 is gonna be my career year.
I'll ROAR in my year of the Tiger!


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D

2 comments:

  1. weeeeeeee so nice!!! 2009 was indeeeed a BLAST!!! :) haiiii na pressure nasad ko to make my like this. murag wa may na happen sako 2009 uy! hahaha murag sinful man ako 2009 uy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that word sinful... ako gani... murag lanay year kaayu run nako... feel nako rich kid ra kaayu to paminawn ani akong blog... the hobbies!!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete